Different schools offer different concentrations, curriculum formats, and experiential learning opportunities. Read on below to find out more about program options and career outlooks in accounting in New Mexico.
Forensic accountants bridge the practice of accounting with investigative work and lend their talents to the legal field. Salaries for these professionals are impressive throughout the nation, including New Mexico, where they earn about $80,140, which represents the 75th percentile among all accountants and auditors in the state. The BLS also provides a deeper dive into what accountants and auditors are earning in New Mexico, as of May 2020, according to experience level, role, job title, and more. New Mexico Public Accountancy Board This board issues licenses for CPAs and CPA firms in New Mexico.
Best Accounting Schools in New Mexico
Please visit CPA Central for more information about submitting an Advisory Evaluation in this jurisdiction. You must create a CPA Central user account to begin the Advisory Evaluation process.
- Throughout the program, we offer advising via phone or email and are always excited when students reach out to us.
- The state houses two national defense laboratories and three Air Force bases , all of which are major employers of many in the state—accountants included.
- Candidates who do not already hold an undergraduate degree in accounting will need to complete several prerequisite courses to prepare them to successfully complete the MBA.
- This means some classes will flex around your schedule, while others give you the benefit of engaging with professors and peers during class time.
- There were about 21 accounting students who graduated with this degree at SFCC in the most recent year we have data available.
- I plan to work at one of the Big 4’s upon graduation and hope to return to Anderson to give back in the classroom.
- For questions and concerns about business homework assignments, projects and grades please email or call your professor.
Eastern New Mexico University has the second lowest bachelor’s and master’s-level tuition in the state of New Mexico, and has one of the most affordable tuition rates in the United States. Once you are an enrolled accounting student you are eligible to apply for scholarships through the ENMU Foundation. The CFO job title represents the pinnacle of achievement among accounting professionals.
Integrity Accounting & Consulting, LLC is a full service accounting firm based in Albuquerque, NM.
All students start with required business core classes such as Business Strategy, Marketing Management, and Managerial Economics. Accounting students then take required courses within their specialization, learning advanced accounting theory and practice. Students can choose from electives such as Governmental Accounting, Accounting Technology, and Auditing, according to their career interest. Students also learn a variety of interpersonal skills in communication, teamwork, and business https://accounting-services.net/ management. NMHU encourages graduates to pursue leadership and decision-making roles in organizations, and students can take advantage of career counseling and industry connections through the university. New Mexico has several higher education institutions where students who want a more traditional college experience can attend courses in person. On-campus programs tend to offer a stronger community culture, and some students learn more effectively in physical classroom settings.
- This year’s rankings have reduced the weight of ACT/SAT scores to reflect a general de-emphasis on test scores in the college admissions process.
- Salaries for these professionals are impressive throughout the nation, including New Mexico, where they earn about $80,140, which represents the 75th percentile among all accountants and auditors in the state.
- The national index score is 100, meaning New Mexico’s cost of living is 12.5% below the national average.
- One of the top Master’s in Accounting degree programs in New Mexico for students who want to take a professional licensing or certification exam is the Anderson MACCT program that the University of New Mexico offers.
- The 36-hour program can be completed on-campus or online and is designed for students with a background in business.
- Discuss this with your advisor so that you remain on track to achieve this goal.
It sets professional standards for candidates aiming to obtain and/or maintain CPA licensure, and it investigates complaints from the public against license-holders. That said, budget Bookkeeping New Mexico analysts in New Mexico earn wages on par with the national mean salary for their occupation, meaning those professionals in particular get lots of bang for their buck in New Mexico.
Accounting Program Sneak Peek
Integrity Accounting & Consulting, LLC is a full service accounting firm based in Albuquerque, NM. Credit for any section passed shall be valid for 18 months from the actual date the examination sections were taken. You will lose credit for each section passed outside the 18 month period, and will have to retake those sections.